For Monday, March 04, 2012
I never tire of hearing the heartwarming stories of conservative family values; how they raise their children in solid loving marriages (of one man and one woman of course), guided by their
proven demonstrated established fanciful belief that all of society’s ills can be traced back to single parent homes.
So I was shocked and devastated to learn that one of these perfect upstanding married couples, Pennsylvania Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick and his wife, had somehow raised a daughter (Maggie) who is a pot smoking, booze swilling, unmarried-Catholic-sex-having bigot; who by her own Twitter admission picks some poor child up at the bus stop drunk (her, not the child).
This is unheard of in Perfectville! Well, wait a minute, come to think of it – there was that whole Bristol thing; but still, these things don’t happen to…oh yeah, and that little matter of the Bush kids, underage drinking (Jenna, Barbara) and prescription drug abuse (Noelle), but like I said, oh and the breaking/entering thing with Ohio Rep.Chabot’s son…you know what – let’s just move on…
Mitt Romney’s son Tagg (really?) tweeted this recently:
“Ted Nugent endorsed my Dad today. Ted Nugent? How cool is that?! He joins Kid Rock as great Detroit musicians on team Mitt!”
Ooooh, lucky Mitt, endorsed by a geriatric has-been rocker whose idea of “hunting” is fencing animals in then finding them and shooting them. A few tidbits about Ted Nugent, the “Conservative”:
“He has had two wives and has eight children, including three out of wedlock in two liaisons almost 30 years apart…prior to his first marriage, Nugent fathered a boy… and a girl, whom he gave up for adoption in infancy.
In 2005 Nugent was involved in a legal battle for not paying enough child support for a child he had out of wedlock in 1995.
In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native…Due to the age difference they could not marry so Nugent joined Massa’s parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian …[Sicko!!!]
In a 1992 radio interview, Nugent referred to Heidi Prescott of the Fund for Animals as a “worthless whore” and a “shallow slut,” asking “who needs to club a seal, when you can club Heidi?”
Gee Tagg, maybe if you’re Really lucky you’ll get to meet him! You might want to take along some disinfecting hand soap.
Wisconsin State Senator Glenn Grothman (R) is such a right wing nutcase that there’s a website dedicated solely to him called, “What Did Glenn Grothman Get Wrong This Week?”. Here are several of his many outrageous legislative actions:
- introduced a bill that would require the State of Wisconsin to officially deem single parenthood to be a “contributor” to child abuse and neglect
- introduced SB-373, a bill that would change state law retroactively to eliminate the claims of 173 children who are lead poisoning viictims. No matter that some of those cases have been pending since 2006. They’ll all be thrown out if this bill becomes law
- wants to advance a bill that would cut welfare benefits for single mothers, believing the state’s generosity has led to an increase in out-of-wedlock births (but cutting planned parenthood funds at the same time)
- introducing a constitutional amendment to ban affirmative action in Wisconsin
- proposed an amendment to the Clean Energy Jobs Act cutting the required percentage of renewable energy use in Wisconsin by 2015, from 10% to 8%
Bear in mind, this is just part of the legislation proposed by one conservative politician in one state; imagine what the country has to look forward to if more of these clowns are elected.
And finally, according to Addicting Info, in one of the most unbelievable actions by a state government, but of course “supported by the National Rifle Association”,
” the Indiana House passed Senate Bill 1, which allows homeowners to shoot and kill police officers they believe are unlawfully on their property or in their homes. The bill could also extend to federal law enforcement officials.”
I don’t even know what to say about this; our legislators have literally lost their minds.