Mitt Romney and his staff seem to have a talent for saying amazingly stupid things. Surely Mitt and his staff aren’t quite so foolish as their statements would indicate. Yet the sheer number of stupid things said to or in the presence of reporters by Romney and his staff, may be an indication that if Mitt was elected in November he’d rival Bush for the stupidest things said by the President of the United States.
Here is a list of just a few stupid things said by Romney or his staff:
1. Romney’s “Anglo-Saxon heritage” would give him an advantage over President Obama in relations between Britain and the United States.
2. It’s hard to know just how well it (the Olympics) will turn out,” Romney told NBC News in an interview last Wednesday. “There are a few things that were disconcerting.”
3, I’m not sure about these cookies. They don’t look like you made them.’ ‘They came from the local 7-eleven bakery , or whatever.
4. After reporters complined about a lack of access to Romney, his spokesperson told the reporter to “kiss my ass.”
5. When asked if he follows racing Romney replied, “Not as closely as some of the most ardent fans, but I have some friends who are NASCAR team owners“.
6. After advocating that the auto industry should not be “bailed out” and instead should have to go through a “managed bankruptcy” Romney said “I’ll take a lot of credit for the fact that this industry’s come back.”
7. The trees in Michigan are the right height.
8. Mitt owns a mustang, a Chevy pick-up truck, he used to own a Dodge Truck, and Ann owns a couple of Cadillacs.
9. Birth Control prevents conception.
(the birth control pill prevents implantation, not conception.)
10. “My wife has the occasion, as you know, to campaign on her own and also with me,” Romney told newspaper editors, “and she reports to me regularly that the issue women care about most is the economy.” (Ann doesn’t work outside the home, so she doesn’t deal with the struggle of making ends meet on her salary.)