Karl Rove’s “Conservative Victory Project” may want to keep the wingnuts out of GOP primaries, but it seems they’ll be the stars of the show at this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC). Here’s a look at some of the invited speakers:
- Allen “The Modern-Day Harriet Tubman” West
- Rand “Paycheck Fairness Act = Soviet Politburo” Paul
- Rick “BP oil spill was an act of God” Perry
- Wayne “The answer is More guns!” LaPierre
- Rick “Catholic Missionary” Santorum
- Steve “Todd Akin was right” King
- Michele “Creeping Sharia is coming!” Bachmann
And just recently it was confirmed that Sarah Palin will speak as well. Then there are the various discussion groups and breakouts, such as:
- NRA University: Learn more about NRA, Second Amendment, gun control debate. NRA-ILA staff will provide tools for effective activism…Participants will receive a FREE one-year NRAMembership.”
- “The Conservative Intellectual* Movement: Then and Now” [*Oxymoron, I know]
There are the usual movie showings and book signings by Newt and Callista Gingrich, and this year they have both a Panel Discussion: “The Legacy of Andrew Breitbart”, as well as a Cocktail Reception: “Honoring the Life of Andrew Breitbart”.
Don’t know if Karl Rove is attending, but it doesn’t sound like his party’s ready to give up the crazy just yet.