Summer is over. Labor Day is here and despite the impending cool fall weather, the political climate is heating up around the Iran Deal. 37 democratic Senators stand with President in preventing Iranian government from procuring nuclear weapons. The President is four supporters away from a filibuster to avert a final vote in the Senate. Beyond the adolescent political wrangling lie several experts and parties advocating for peace.
- 29 prominent US scientists drafted a public letter congratulating the Obama Administration and Secretary Kerry on their “innovative” and “stringent” details encompassed within the terms of the deal. Among the authors were noted Nobel Laureates, professionals who have held the highest national security clearance, many former Congressional advisers.
- The most salient points in the letter blatantly refute and arrest disinformation, fear stoking innuendo, proliferated by conservative proponents for more war:
– praises the technical features of the Iran accord
– tacit rebuttals to recent criticisms on such issues as verification and provisions
-hails the 24-day cap on Iranian delays to site investigations as “unprecedented,”
-allows for effective challenge inspection for the suspected activities of greatest concern.”
-explicit banning of research on nuclear weapons not just their manufacture,” as in the 1968 Non-Proliferation Treaty,
-deal includes important long-term verification procedures that last until 2040, and others that last indefinitely.”
- 60 national security leaders across party lines praised a Joint Plan Of Action regarding the diminution of Iran’s nuclear program deal in a signed statement. I bet GOP leaders choked on the most delectable morsel enclosed by the signatories: a hearty congratulations to the Obama Administration in the cessation of Iran’s weapons’ proliferation.
- 53 Christian leaders from diverse denominations urge the Congress to support the deal. The blind opposition to diplomacy mounted by Christian right legislatures epitomize their war addiction over the strongest tenets of true faith = peace.
- 26 senior American Jewish leaders including Thomas Dine, AIPAC’s executive director from 1980-1993 who is credited with building the organization into today’s lobbying powerhouse. Traditionally US Jewish align politically with democratic values are now confronted by tag-team fear mongering from Israel’s Netanyahu and the GOP. Both conservative factions vigorously exploit international resurgence of antisemitism, generational Holocaust trauma, not to mention evangelical Holy Land hysteria.
Nevertheless, At the heart of the mission to destroy this plan for peace is the GOP’s obsessive hatred for anything, everything Obama trumping their love for America. Boehner, McConnell repeat the same dogma: Iranian government is not to be trusted, continual subjugation of American interests secondary to Israel’s survival, broken previous agreements and therefore, diplomacy is useless. However, through the endless bluster, the US consistently assumes a deadly international offensive of “whack a mole”. Instead, calmer leadership of our foreign policy resonates with “keeping our friends close but keep our enemies closer” and this Iran deal does just that in highlighted details:
- Iran will reduce number of centrifuges from 19,000 to 6,104
- It will cut down its stockpile of enriched uranium from 10 tonnes to 300kg
- No enrichment will take place at Fordow facility for 15 years
- Iran to redesign its nearly built reactor at Arak
- US and EU sanctions will be suspended if Iran sticks to its commitments
- US sanctions on Iran related to security and human rights abuses remain
Note, history consistently bears out the 100% WRONG predictions, utter failed policies and tired rhetoric screeched by Republicans, like McConnell, Boehner, Graham and theeir ilk. Iran isn’t the first country, incompetent Bush administration lackeys shoved diplomacy aside fueling an enemy nation’s arsenal. Their incompetent negotiating skills nourished and nurtured Korea’s nuclear program after 20 years of compromise and diplomacy staved off weapon development. The same willful puerile attitude that alienated Korea, paved the path for Iran ascending from 200 to 19,000 centrifuges. Alarmingly foreboding are all 2016 GOP Presidential candidates baneful supplications to ruinous Cheyney / Bush foreign politic. Other embarrassingly, ignorant unmentionables excreted alongside mounds high of elephant dung, dribble from the party’s donkey-ass are New Jersey’s tainted Menendez (again, shifty politicians from the Garden state), New York’s rotten Schumer & Maryland’s noxious Cardin.
Five nations: Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia, the sane/rational segment of the US government, Pope and the world, want diplomacy and peace. #47Traitors, and military profiteers salivate at the prospect of billion-dollar contracts BILLED on death and misery. However, the craven whispered desire uniting faux religious hucksters, xenophobic fears, battle architects is permanently decimating the Muslim world. Belying this muted genocidal goal, are Netanyahu’s revealing conversations in 2010, 2011 & 2012 bold subterfuge to drag the US into a nuclear conflict with Iran . Despite foreboding discovery, US conservatives wantonly traipse behind their Holy Land partner as hulking dolts, Lenny slavishly follows George, in a twisted ‘Of Mice & Men production. Petulant and anxious, Israel recognizes few nations will challenge US military might or their allies, directly. A fact, to our allies’ credit, they work shamelessly. Few greater examples exist of cult fanatics’ perverse politics twisting American society into a monstrous theocracy, ironically resembling a Christian Iran.
And FINALLY, Iran does NOT have the right to self inspect as an adherence to upholding the agreement criteria, that is a conservative LIE. The IAEA, International Atomic Energy Agency, is the first and last authority on determining inspection verifiability and acceptance.
Thank goodness 37 literate adults possessing the intelligence to read and understand the agreement prior to forming an opinion. This time, these Senators deservedly worked to earn our respect. No coincidence all of them are ‘LEFTIES’ while imbecilic Republicans joyously wallow in spreading erroneous propaganda. So to each of these Democrats for Peace, thank you for upholding your oath over partisan theater….Happy Labor Day.