I was impressed by President Obama’s State of the Union Address, SOTU, a report of generally good news. Granted, the economy and the country have room for improvement. He outlined a big step forward in the next two years. Ironically, and I really hate this about Democrats; the President is bold and more outspoken after the crushing 2014 midterm results….WHY, why do progressives play this 4th quarter, ‘Johnny comes TOUGH’ after an election or loss?! Can’t the party practice preventative measures with confidence and strength, it may lead to victory instead.
- He voiced the triumphs and positives of his Administration, including ACA, stimulus packages, falling deficit, recovering economy, etc. A resounding referendum of the success of the Obama Presidency.
- Central to the speech was providing opportunity and relief to middle-class Americans
- Providing ordinary citizens relief in the form of requiring the 1% & corporations their fair tax burden.
- Reinforcing and advocating increasing the minimum wage.
- Reiterating free tuition for the first two years of community college. Describing how businesses partner with educational institutions to provide training and improving employment opportunities.
- Finally, providing national childcare system, since the US is the only western nation that fails motherhood by not providing care for children.
- The progress the country has made toward marriage equality
- A push and challenge issued to Congress to work for meaningful immigration reform
- Paid sick leave for workers and passing a referendum for protecting the right for equal compensation for women.
- Fighting ISIS, terrorist and the President requesting war authorization.
POTUS touched upon many issues last night as does every commander and chief during the State of the Union. In fact, The LA Times has an elongated timeline, including tweets, picts, commentary and info-graphs
summarizing the #SOTU. I’ve included a Politico graph designating Mr. Obama’s previous and current speeches’s priorities by words devoted to specific issue.
One of my favorite highlights was the President addressing the ‘wacked out ‘ WRONG predictions the GOP made if he were elected to a second term. He slammed McCain with his undying support & love & Putin by rubbing his nose with Russia’s tattered economy. Illiterate, Mike Lee – UT, (figures), predicted almost $6/gal by 2015….right now, most of America can get two gallons for that amount. Other ‘always wrong’ top conservative buffoons prognosticated high unemployment and crashing stock market….Why would a sane, rational thinking person listen to conservatives, ‘their prognostications are CONSISTENTLY spurious or iniquitous, on EVERYTHING’
FOUR, vacuous Republican responses followed including the narcissist egos of one Kentuckian plagiarist and Canadian reactionary.
- Senator Rand Paul (R) – KY
- Senator Ted Cruz (R) – TX his response includes a lovely flub for all to see.
- The Spanish language response was presented by Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R) -Fl. Maybe the party should have considered the optics of a man speaking of his girlish childhood….”dolt”.
- Finally, the formal Republican response: Senator Joni Ernst (R) – IA, Absolutely a waste of time. She belabored over 50% of the speech on her childhood. Ernst even pitched a poverty reference by mentioning she wore plastic bags over her shoes to protect them from rain to school. Her failed attempt of identifying poor means & hard work flopped. Consider in the America she matured, the GOP hadn’t completed the task of redistributing the nation’s wealth upwardly. Today, we’re existing with the consequences of two – decades’ wages stagnation and forty years of ruinous Reagan-omic ‘trickle-down’.
Midstream, Ernst pivoted toward promulgating the passage of Keystone XL by omitting the FACT ALL 40,000 temporary jobs dwindle down to 35 permanent positions. Disappointingly, neither the SOTU nor the feckless rebuttals mentioned the correlation between the worst fears of opponents to Keystone XL were realized this past weekend’s environmental disaster in Montana. A pipeline, smaller functioning like Keystone, ruptured and spilled 50,000 gallons of crude into the Yellowstone river. Residents smelled and tasted oil in their water. City water plant ceased pumping water to Glendive residents as a precaution, relegating the town reliant upon water reserves. This accident isn’t the first failure of this pipeline. However, no one is addressing the alternatives for supplying clean water to the residents once those reserves are depleted.
During her speech, MSNBC in cooperation with BING, offered an online public voting interactive. Here are two graphs with party and gender break down, respectively. Note, the graph NEVER displays a positive reception to the content of her speech. The BEST and highest peak, even among Republicans, sparsely surpassed neutrality.
Iowa’s pigs’ castrating queen and the Republicans refuse to acknowledge their 2014 midterm success revolve upon resurrecting half-century old poll taxes, gerrymandering throughout state districts and a corrupt Supreme Court majority abolishing protection of American voting rights and the party’s endless lying. Their victory is not an endorsement of conservative ideas but a subterfuge of ballot access and diminishing majority rule by purchasing elections.
After last night, the country is navigating an interesting final round up for the Obama Administration. Although, the GOP perceives themselves as triumphant since they’ve exploited and maneuvered a path to power, governing will not be all that they hoped for, as facts and data ooze from the conservative agenda. The President has a new freedom and release at the conclusion of his political career, which brings me to the…….
Some ass-hats clapped and laughed, relishing President Obama won’t be running for office again. Forever clever & quick POTUS retorted: “I know cause I won both of them”. President Obama ‘read some jerks on live TV” amen, HELLO! (from my FB posting) Fabulous, couldn’t admire the man more for reading the opposition on national tv.
You’ll never if ever witness a conservative with the talent of ‘reading’ putting their antagonist in their place minus yelling, lying or exercising xenophobic stereotypes.
Well hold on folks to your hats, ‘the wild, wild west’ hit DC. We’re going to see some amazing smack – show downs!